Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Making Some Noise

Taken from my new book this photo of a coffee cup shattering on the floor was shot using a microphone to trigger the flash.  The photo cage has a device that can connect to the flash cord and when the device picks up a noise the flash is fired.  A bulb (Shutter is opened when depressed and closes when released) setting must be used on the camera to ensure the flash goes off while the shutter is open.  The user can change the sensitivity of the microphone to trigger the flash at the slightest whisper or not go off unless someone shouts at the top of their lungs.  There is also a delay setting to prevent the flash from firing for a certain amount of time.  This allowed me to capture cups shattering at precise times during the fall.  I'm sure I will use this little devicemuch more during my time at RIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment