Tuesday, May 11, 2010

RIT Honors Show

Each year RIT does an Honors show where any photo student may enter up to three photos or series to be judged on by the faculty.  Out of over 400 entries only about 80 are selected.  Originally, I was not even going to enter but then a series of events took place and I had acquired a window mat with a few hours before the deadline.  So, I grabbed one of my free prints from one of the paper companies showing their paper earlier in the year and I finished the mat in time to submit it.  I was not selected for the show, prints needed nine votes or a gold star from a faculty member.  I went to pick up my print today and found I had seven votes.  I was actually quite surprised at this, as I had just last minute put it together and was not expecting to even get close.  I am definitely happy with these results and will actually plan to enter the contest next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment